MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING PROFESSSIONAL PROGRAMME
Programme Code: MAPP
Programme Title: Management Accounting Professional Programme
Language of Instruction: English
Award: Diploma of Advanced Studies TCZ in Management Accounting (DAS TCZ)
EQF Level: 7
ECTS Credits: 50
Duration: 3 months – 3 years
The Management Accounting Professional Programme is designed for individuals who wish to develop advanced knowledge and skills in management accounting. The programme is accredited by the Institute of Certified Management Accountant, Australia (ICMA). Graduates of the programmes will be awarded a Diploma of Advanced Studies TCZ in Management Accounting and be eligible to become the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) of ICMA without further examination (subject to satisfying the experience requirements).
Programme Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this programme, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of conventions and doctrines of management accounting and related disciplines, and their strategic applications in diverse contexts.
- Demonstrate critical awareness of major contemporary issues in management accounting.
- Critically evaluate issues relating to management accounting systems and practices and the roles of management accounting professionals.
- Communicate and interpret business propositions and justify complex ideas and solutions to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Formulate strategic initiatives, appraise alternatives, critically evaluate implementation outcomes and provide performance feedback in diverse contexts.
- Exercise high level judgments over strategic issues in organisations.
A student will complete a programme of study comprising the following units:
|Unit Code||Unit Name||ECTS Credits|
|ACC4002||Financial Statement Analysis||7.5|
|ACC4101||Strategic Cost Management||10|
|ACC4102||Strategic Business Analysis||10|
- A Bachelor degree (EQF level 6) or equivalent in any discipline.
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Students who have successfully completed a Bachelor degree (EQF level 6) or equivalent in accounting, business, finance or related disciplines will be awarded exemptions from ACC4000 Management Accounting, ACC4001 Financial Management, ACC4002 Financial Statement Analysis, and ACC4003 Financial Modelling.